close
武俠小說裡常有描述一個平凡無奇、名不見經傳的小伙子,像是張無忌或是楊過,在因緣際會之下,誤打誤撞找到了失傳已久的武功秘笈,因而練成神功,成為武林大俠,打敗那些名門正派出身,從小習武卻不得要領的江湖人士。我不敢自稱是武功高強,不過在現代競爭激烈、十面埋伏的都市叢林裡,發現這三十七條快速升遷的守則,對我來說就像是找到了武功秘笈一樣,這十幾年來的確讓我受益良多。 我每隔一段時間就會把這篇文章拿出來重新閱讀一番,並加以運用在工作場合中,了解了商場上和人際關係間運作的秘訣與奧妙,還真是讓我在行事應對進退之間收到事半功倍之效。
『讀者文摘』的這篇文章其實是由“Never Confuse a Memo with Reality”這本書上節錄下來的,書名直譯成中文就是『別把公司的備忘錄誤認為事實』。這本書在台灣也有中譯本,書名是『做個快樂的上班族』。
在此特別轉載這篇在我工作生涯中讓我受用無窮的文章,與大家分享,祝福大家武功精進,步步高升。
『讀者文摘』的這篇文章其實是由“Never Confuse a Memo with Reality”這本書上節錄下來的,書名直譯成中文就是『別把公司的備忘錄誤認為事實』。這本書在台灣也有中譯本,書名是『做個快樂的上班族』。
在此特別轉載這篇在我工作生涯中讓我受用無窮的文章,與大家分享,祝福大家武功精進,步步高升。
- Business is made up of ambiguous victories and nebulous defeats. Claim them all as victories.
商場上充滿著不清楚的勝利和不明顯的失敗──把它們全都宣稱為勝利。
- Keep track of what you do; someone is sure to ask.
隨時掌握你工作的進度;總是會有人問你的。
- Be comfortable around senior managers, or learn to fake it.
在上司面前要能輕鬆地應對自如;如果做不到,至少要想辦法裝得像。
- Never bring your boss a problem without some solutions. You are getting paid to think, not to whine.
永遠別只向上司報告問題而不同時提出解決問題的方案。公司雇用你是讓你來思考的,而不是來發牢騷的。
- Long hours don't mean anything; results count, not effort.
加班並不代表什麼;工作成果──而不是工作時數──才真正算數。
- Write down ideas; they get lost, like good pens.
寫下你的好點子;不然它們會像你最喜歡的一隻筆一樣,一不小心就忘了放在那兒了。
- Always arrive at work 30 minutes before your boss.
總是比你上司早三十分鐘到公司。
- Be sure to sit at the conference table---never by the wall.
開會時要坐在會議桌旁──絕不要躲在會議室的牆邊坐。
- Help other people network for jobs. What goes around comes around.
幫助別人介紹工作,好心是會有好報的。
- Don't take sick days----unless you are.
別請病假──除非你是真的生病了。
- Assume no one can/will keep a secret.
別假設任何人能夠,或是願意保守秘密。
- Know when you do your best---morning, night, under pressure, relaxed; schedule and prioritize your work accordingly.
瞭解自己在什麼情況和時候最有效率──早晨、夜晚、壓力下、輕鬆時;然後依此安排你的工作順序。
- Treat everyone in the organization with respect and dignity, whether it be the janitor or the president. Don't ever be patronizing.
對公司的每一個人──不論是工友或是董事長──都應以尊敬和尊嚴待之。永遠不要擺出高人一等,自以為是的架子。
- When you get the entrepreneurial urge, visit someone who has his own business. It may cure you.
當你有要自行創業的衝動時,不妨去拜訪一些自己開公司作生意的朋友。你可能就此打消你的念頭。
- Never appear stressed in front of a client, a customer or your boss. Take a deep breath and ask yourself: in the course of human events, how important is this?
永遠別在客戶或老闆面前顯示出你承受的壓力過大。先深呼吸一口氣,再問問你自己:跟一連串人類史上的重大事件比起來,這件事有這麼重要嗎?
- Recognizing someone else's contribution will repay you doubly.
表揚一個人的功勞會促使他加倍地償還你。
- Career planning is an oxymoron. The most exciting opportunities tend to be unplanned.
『生涯規劃』是一個 自我矛盾的說詞。最令人興奮的機會通常是出乎你意料和計畫之外的。
- Always choose to do what you'll remember ten years from now.
永遠選擇做十年後還值得你回憶的事。
- The size of your office is not as important as the size of your paycheck.
你辦公室的大小比不上你薪餉的大小來得重要。
- Understand what finished work looks like and deliver your work only when it is finished.
認清工作全部完成時的成果該是什麼樣子的,然後只在工作全部完成時才交件。
- The person who spends all of his or her time at work is not hard-working; he or she is boring.
成天只在工作的人不是個勤勞的人;而是個無趣的人。
- Know how to write business letters---including thank-you notes as well as proposals.
學會如何寫商用書信──包括感謝函和企劃書。
- Never confuse a memo with reality. Most memos from the top are political fantasy.
別把公司的備忘錄誤認為事實。上層發表的備忘錄大多只是行政上所要製造的假象。
- Eliminate guilt. Don't cheat on expense reports, taxes, benefits or your colleagues.
避免內疚。別在費用報表、報稅單、醫療保險上,或是同事間作假。
- Reorganizations mean that someone will lose his or her job. Get on the task force that will make the recommendations.
公司內部改組代表有人的職位會不保了。想辦法加入推薦改革方案的專案小組。
- Job security does not exist.
沒有任何工作能保障你永遠不會丟掉飯碗。
- Children are a source of truth and ideas. The best icebreaker to use in intense meetings is one I heard from a six-year-old: "Raise your hand who's mad."
兒童是真相和靈感的來源。我所聽過在討論激烈的會議中打破僵局最有效的方法,是一個六歲小孩說的一句話:「誰生氣了請舉手。」
- Always have an answer to the question: "What would I do if I lost my job tomorrow?"
永遠準備好以下問題的答案:「如果我明天失業了該怎麼辦?」
- Go to the company holiday party.
要參加公司逢年過節舉辦的餐會。
- Don't get drunk at the company holiday party.
別在公司的年節餐會上喝醉失態。
- Avoid working on the weekends. Work longer during the week if you have to.
盡量避免用週末來工作。如有必要,寧可在平日加班。
- The most successful people in business are interesting.
商場上最成功的人通常也是最有趣的。
- Sometimes you'll be on a roll and everything will click; take maximum advantage. When the opposite is true, hold steady and wait it out.
有時你手風正順,事事順利;要充分利用良機。當情勢正好相反時,則應咬緊牙關,耐心度過難關。
- Never in your life say, "It's not my job."
這一輩子永遠別說,「這不干我的事兒。」
- Be loyal to your career, your interests and yourself.
別忘了要效忠於你自己的事業、你自己的興趣和你自己。
- Understand the skills and abilities that set you apart. Whenever you have an opportunity, use them.
認清你所擁有讓你與眾不同的本領和技能。一有機會就多加運用它們。
- People remember the end of the project. As they say in boxing, "Always finish stronger than you start. "
大家總是記得一件專案的結局。套句拳擊上的用語,「最後衝刺時要比比賽開始時表現得更強。」
全站熱搜
留言列表